Monday, February 22, 2010

How can you make a difference?

Life is much harder than I ever thought it would be, juggling 2 boys, supporting a husband, keeping a social life, scheduling, starting a business all while trying to walk in the will of God. The scripture below has gotten me through some tough times this last month and I wanted to share: "Lord, help us to set our hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God, and set our minds on things above, not on earthly things" (Col 3:1-2). This has been my prayer every morning as I start my day.

I feel that as a Christian woman it is my duty to start making a difference in this world. I love this line by John Maxwell, "She is only one, but she can influence her world". How will I influence my world? My goal in 2010 is to obey the voice of God and turn my bitter experiences of my past into His success story, to become a powerful Christian woman of influence, impacting the lives around me.

How can you make a difference?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post...I have been feeling the SAME way for the last several months so I know this verse will encourage me and remind me to listen to the voice of God! Thanks for sharing your heart because it has blessed me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great verse and even better prayer. I think we sometimes get so overwhelmed by our "world" that we forget that God put us in it for Him to use to shape it into what He wants it to be.

    ReplyDelete