
Sunday, February 14, 2010
What is Valentines Day?
In the past I would have said Valentines Day was the night we got a sitter, got dressed up and went out for a nice dinner. But this year's events have changed my feelings on the day. We started our day with a great church service, we made a wonderful Japanese dinner (zucchini, chicken and shrimp with rice) and we sat in the floor of the living room and talked about what we love. Xander loves Peanut Butter and hot dogs and Aiden loves Jesus. After dinner we had a cheese puff game, trying to throw them into each others mouths and the boys laughed more than ever. To end the night the boys got their final mailbox gift.....let me back up a little....I saw this great post on Roof with a View where a lady had bought her kids valentines day mailboxes from Target and randomly she would place something special in the box, place the flag up, and the kids had a blast getting their surprises. As soon as I read the post I ran out to Target and grabbed some myself. The boys had a great time decorating their mailboxes and of course loved the surprises throughout the week. Tonight, they're final surprise...Bolt stuffed animal from the Disney store (they were buy 1 get 1 free today!). To end the night we watch old videos of the boys, laughed, and I think I cried a little. They hugged us at least 5 times and said thank you over and over. It was such a wonderful night...I only hope each year will be this special.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment