Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The BIG question!

You know we live our lives day to day; most days are the same, preschool, gym, outside play, naps, dinner; it's easy and comfortable. Then it hits...the question, "Mom, where do babies come from?" You know when I was younger I thought, when my kids ask me that question, I'm not holding back; I'm gonna tell'em how it is. But when asked in the car today....silence...there were no words.

I couldn't let this conversation slip by without a blog. Honestly I don't remember every word but I do remember a few of their questions and they went like this:

"What is in your belly?"
"Can babies be in Daddy's belly?"
"How does the baby go to the bathroom?"

My favorite, from Xan the man (that's what I call Xander): "Mom, do you eat babies to get them in your belly?"

Thank God they didn't ask how babies come out....whew...dodged a bullet there.

2 comments:

  1. That is too cute...your day is coming. I don't know if you remember what I told you at a too early age for you to be asking, but you asked anyway; "God places them there and takes care of all their needs". Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. HILARIOUS! I think I would've passed that one off to Alex, which is what I'll do for Rob.

    ReplyDelete