My son Aiden gets very shy in an environment where he knows no one. He and Angelique wanted to attend VBS this week and I just knew it would be hard for Aiden but not this hard. The first day he cried most the time, sitting in his teacher lap and hanging with his sister. The second day Alex took him and brought him home within 5 minutes due to screaming and crying. So I took him back and hung out the rest of the night with 30 four year olds. Well tonight was parents' night. We showed up with Aiden introducing me to all of his friends, running, smiling...he even jumped up on stage to sing. Yes it was not the most pleasant week for me but it was one of the most rewarding.
Angelique decided to go as well and talked her friend Grace into going. Can you tell they had a good time? Those girls are hilarious. I have known Angelique for 9 years now and I have never heard her laugh like she has this week, and I'll never forget it. She and Grace are sisters for life...they have a very special bond that is hard to find.
Even though we're exhausted, this was one rewarding week...we just had to push through.
No comments:
Post a Comment