I have found a few things that I love about being home with my kids and I wanted to share in my post. I'm NOT here to tell anyone that being a SAHM is any better than a working mom. We are all moms who do the best for our kids and we should all support each other no matter what path we choose.
I am very proud to say that I stay home with my children. I thank God for my husband who supports me and my career as a Mom. I couldn't ask for a better man in my life and God has truly blessed me by putting him into my life.
I don't know that I would have learned some of the things I have in the last year and a half in my old job. I truly feel that right now I KNOW my family: I know how my husband's day was the minute he steps in the door, I know when Angelique needs quiet time to process life and her thoughts, I know that Xander has the sweetest heart of any kid I've ever met even though he plays tough guy, I know that Aiden loves to snuggle and read a book even though he says he doesn't, I know the food my kids like and dislike, their interest, their moods; and I love that I can be there for all of it. I honestly feel that it was only after me quiting my job that I truly began to know my kids and my husband.
Dinners have moved from boxed meals to homecooked, fresh meals, there are tons of things in the house I now have time to manage (laundry, sports, arts and crafts, chores). I never use to run errands with my kids. The thought of taking them to the grocery store terrified me. Now I actually enjoy taking my kids into the real world (well most days) b/c there are so many great teaching moments.
It is so hard to be a working mom, I've been there and I applaud all the moms who work hard at their jobs to come home to take care of their families. I never felt I was good at doing it all, so I'm thankful to be able to concentrate on one thing until my kids get into school. Yes I could sit here and lists the reason why being a SAHM is difficult at times but honestly....I can't remember :) :)
Thank you Alex for allowing me to be home with our children, trusting me to raise them in a Christian home and supporting me in all that I do. I love you! God is good and I'm so glad I stopped and opened my heart to His calling.






.jpg)
.jpg)
Fun post. I didn't know what SAHM meant. :) I'm glad to have ya across the street!
ReplyDeleteCindy
M I love this post... and I am so very happy that you are peaceful about where you are. You are such an accomplished woman in so many ways and I'm so proud of you for all that you do. Your mind is an amazing canvas and I can't wait to see everything that your future holds!!! Love you guys! xoxox
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great post!! I love it and love that you are SO happy where you are right now! Being at home with your kids, making the memories that you are will forever be treasured times!
ReplyDelete